Dr. Richard E. Tepper has been providing cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery procedures to thousands of satisfied patients in New Jersey and New York for over 15 years. Patients can have every confidence they’re working with one of the most qualified surgeons in the area. However, what really sets him apart is his commitment to patient outcomes.
Dr. Richard Tepper doesn’t consider his work successful unless you, the patient, are happy. That’s why he takes the time to understand what each patient wants, and then discusses various options. His emphasis is on finding the right procedure for you, since the right procedure isn’t always the one making Hollywood headlines.
Dr. Tepper and his staff are dedicated to providing not only the best outcomes, but also the most comfortable and convenient experience to their patients. Flexible scheduling is available to accommodate busy professionals.
About Dr. Richard E Tepper
Dr. Richard Tepper is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and he is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. As an experienced plastic surgeon, Dr. Tepper makes your safety and comfort his top priority, while maintaining his commitment to your ideal results. Working out of his spa-like office in metropolitan New Jersey, Dr. Richard Tepper’s extensive credentials speak for themselves.
- Associates in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, 2002 to Present
- Center for Body Contouring, 2000 – 2001
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL. Clinical instructor of Plastic Surgery 1999-2000
- Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York University, NY. Plastic Surgery (Hand / Microsurgery) Fellowship, 2001 – 2002
- Great Ormond Hospital, London, UK. Pediatric Plastic Surgery / Congenital Hand Surgery Fellowship, March 2002 – April 2002
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL. Plastic Surgery Residency, 1997-2000
- Shriner’s Hospital / Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL. Pediatric Plastic Surgery, 1998-2000
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL. General Surgery Residency, 1994 – 1997
- New York University, New York. NY Doctor of Medicine, 1990-1994
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA. Bachelor of Science, Summa Cum Laude, 1986-1990
License: New Jersey – 25MA07399600
Board Certification: American Board of Plastic Surgery – 2001, 2011 (re-certification)
- Short Hills Surgery Center – Millburn, NJ
- Westfield Plastic Surgery Center – Springfield, NJ
- Overlook Medical Center – Summit, NJ
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Rahway – Rahway, NJ
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center – Livingston, NJ
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- American Association for Hand Surgery (AAHS)
- New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons (NJSPS)
- Medical Society of New Jersey (MSNJ)
- Union County Medical Society (UCMS)
- 2017 – NJ Top Docs
- Castle Connolly – America’s Cosmetic Doctors & Dentists
- New Jersey Patient Choice Award 2011
- Guide to America’s Top Plastic Surgeons 2008, 2009
- New Jersey Life – Health & Beuaty – “Best Doctors for Women”
- Alpha Omega Alpha – New York University
- Phi Beta Kappa -– Tulane University
- Summa Cum Laude – Tulane University
- Fred R. Cagle Memorial Prize – Tulane University
- What’s new in Aesthetic Body Contouring, Weight Loss and Bariatric Center
- Body Contouring following massive weight loss, Overlook Medical Center
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery for Hand Injuries. Department of Emergency Medicine, RWJ University Hospital at Rahway. 2007
- Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation of Work-related injuries, Union County Hand Therapy Association. 2005
- Current Trends in Plastic Surgery. Overlook Hospital Medical Staff. May 2003
- Pigmented Lesions in the Pediatric Population. Department of Pediatrics, Vassar Bros. Hospital. September 2000
- Complex Abdominal Wounds. Department of Surgery, Vassar Bros. Hospital. December 2001
- Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery, Dutchess County Medical Seminar. March 2001
- Tepper, R, MD. Helping Hands, The Rose (RWJU Press) Spring 2007
- Tepper, R, MD. Beware of the Dogs-Preventing and Treating Dog Bites. Healthwise Column-Courier News, Spring 2005
- Sharma S, Lin S, Panozza A, Tepper R, Friedman D. Thumb Replantation: A Retrospective Review of 103 cases. Ann Plast Surg. 2005 Oct:55(4):352.6.
- Tegay DH, Tepper R, Willner, JP. 6-Mercaptopurine Teratogenicity. Postgrad Med J 2002, Sept;78(923):572.
- Reid, RR, MD, Tepper, R, MD, Gallegos, M, MD, and Dumanian, GA, MD. Anterior Cervical Spine Fusion Complicated by Chronic Cervical Esophageal Fistulae: The Value of Flap Coverage. Submitted for publication, Archives of Otolaryngology.
- Tepper, R, MD, and Fine, N, MD. Maxillary Reconstruction in the Pediatric Population using the Iliac Crest Free Flap. Presented, American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery. January 2000.
- Gene F. Coppa, M.D., F.A.C.G., Richard Tepper, B.S., Sandra Vitti, M.D., J.J. Hoballah, M.D., Alan Dumont, M.D. Anatomic Distribution of Colorectal Cancer in an Urban Population. Presented at the 58th Annual Meeting of the American College of Gastroenterology, October 1993.
- Steven Hofstetter, M.D., H. Leon Pachter, M.D., Frank C. Spencer, M.D. Kenneth Goldman, M.D., Elliot Newman, M.D. Richard Tepper, B.S. Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: Suppression of he Learning Curve. New York University School of Medicine, New York City, NY. Presented at the Laparoscopic Society Meeting, December 1993.
- Tepper, R., Tompkins, R., and Muneoka, K. In Situ Hybridization: A Mammalian Cell Marker. Presented-College of Arts and Sciences (honors thesis), Tulane University, May 1990.