Childbearing may be the most gratifying process for a woman, but it may permanently affect one’s body. The skin may stretch beyond the ability to re-tighten. The abdominal muscles may stretch or weaken, causing a bulge. Breasts may change as a result of pregnancy or nursing, resulting in a size or shape unlike your pre-pregnancy appearance. Dr. Richard Tepper can help!
REASONS for a Mommy Makeover
Childbearing is often the most memorable and rewarding experience of your life. Sometimes, there are changes to your body and – more importantly – your self-image that occur. Have your breasts changed? Are they droopier? Does your belly have loose, wrinkled skin or a bulge?
A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures designed to rejuvenate and help correct those unwanted body changes. Depending on your needs, a mommy makeover can be tailored to meet your individual needs.
ABOUT a Mommy Makeover
Although the phrase “Mommy Makeover” often refers to the combination of a tummy tuck and breast surgery, there can be other combinations of treatment, depending on your unique desires. Dr. Richard Tepper tailors the procedure to address your goals. Some possible procedures include:
- Liposuction – the surgical removal of unwanted fatty deposits using very small incisions.
- Tummy Tuck – the surgical removal of excess skin from the abdomen along with muscle tightening. This procedure can help correct the midline muscle separation that often occurs after pregnancy, making the abdomen flatter.
- Breast Augmentation – the surgical enhancement of breast size and projection by placing implants behind the breast.
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy) – the surgical re-shaping of the breasts, with repositioning of the nipple / areolar region and removal of excess skin. Most or all of the underlying breast tissue remains. This may be combined with implant placement.
- Breast Reduction – the surgical removal of skin and breast tissue, making the breasts smaller. Such a procedure may help relieve associated neck, back and shoulder pain.
- Non-Surgical options – Dr. Tepper may suggest injectable treatments such as BOTOX® or soft tissue fillers (Restylane® and Juvederm®). He can also recommend a skincare routine with our aesthetician.
A Mommy Makeover is typically performed once a woman has fully recovered from pregnancy and childrearing and is no longer breast-feeding. Ideally, your weight should be stable. Although not absolutely necessary, almost all women choose to have a mommy makeover once they have finished having kids.
RECOVERY from a Mommy Makeover
Your recovery depends in part on the procedures performed. Dr. Richard Tepper will gladly provide additional details that best apply to your customized makeover plan.
RESULTS of a Mommy Makeover
Why not restore your appearance? Do you want a flatter belly? How about a more youthful breast appearance, either lifted or fuller? A mommy makeover can help you feel better about yourself.
Before & After Photos
View Before and After photos of some of our satisfied patients who have chosen to work with Dr. Tepper.