Are you disappointed in your breast shape, feeling that your breasts are too small? Do you desire more voluptuous look? Dr. Richard Tepper can help improve your appearance with breast augmentation, the surgical placement of implants to enlarge the size of the breasts.
REASONS for Breast Augmentation
You may want to consider a breast augmentation if:
- Your breasts are too small or you simply desire a larger, fully appearance.
- You have a noticeable difference in the size of your breasts and want to try and achieve better symmetry.
- You suffered volume loss or sagging after pregnancy and nursing.
- You have had or are considering breast reconstruction for breast cancer.
ABOUT Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation surgery is often performed under anesthesia in a hospital or surgery center environment. Patients go home the same day. The surgery is often completed within an hour or two, but may be extended if combined with a lift (mastopexy). Dr. Tepper will gladly discuss whether you would benefit from a breast lift at the time of breast augmentation. An incision is created in the crease beneath the breast, part way around the edge of the areola, or in the axillary (arm pit) region to create a space or pocket for the implant. That pocket is most often behind the pectoralis (chest) muscle but may be in front of the muscle as well. The implant is then inserted into the space using a Dzno-touchdz technique.
Women can choose between saline (salt-water) and silicone gel implants, sometimes referred to as Dzgummy beardz implants. Implants are available in a variety of shapes and sizes. Although the cost of silicone gel implants is about twice that of saline implants, the favorable look and feel of gel implants have made them the preferred option of many women.
Some women feel that saline implants are safer because they are filled with salt water, not silicone gel, and select implants accordingly. If they were to leak, the fluid would simply be absorbed by the body. However, the currently available gel implants differ from those of the past and are referred to as Dzcohesive geldz, indicating that even if damaged or ruptured, no liquid would actually leak out.
Regarding concerns such as visible rippling and capsular contracture, such may occur with either style of implant and the presence of one or both doesn’t necessarily indicate an implant or procedural problem.
Some points to consider about gel implants:
- Improved over older models, now employing Dzcohesive geldz technology.
- They are soft and pliable but do not leak when cut.
- Tend to look and feel more natural than saline implants.
- Require more maintenance to detect rupture or damage, including MRI exams Patients may still experience visible ripples and / or develop capsular contracture.
- Cost more than saline, almost twice as much.
RECOVERY from Breast Augmentation
Patients often experience soreness and stiffness for several days. Here is what you can expect:
- Bandages, or a surgical wrap, are applied right after surgery to aid the healing process and to minimize movement of the breasts. You should keep these on until your first post-operative visit.
- Once the bandages are removed, you will wear a lightly supportive bra for several weeks.
- There is often some swelling, as well as a feeling of tightness in your chest. These are temporary. Any discomfort is treated with oral medication. Do not drive if you are taking pain medication.
- You may experience some sensory changes in the nipple area. Incision location may be a factor.
- Patients are often seen within 2-3 days, and can begin to shower after that.
RESULTS of Breast Augmentation
Your enhanced breast size can lead to greater self-confidence and personal sense of attractiveness. Why not consider what a breast augmentation can do for you?
Request a consultation online or call us at (908) 654-6540 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Richard Tepper, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Before & After Photos
View Before and After photos of some of our satisfied patients who have chosen to work with Dr. Tepper.