Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
Are you suffering from sagging or droopy breasts? Do you find that your once youthful breasts are now pointing toward the floor? Feeling self-conscious and wishing there was a remedy that would restore your appearance to a more youthful, healthy look? Dr. Richard Tepper can help!
A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, reshapes the breasts to make them look more youthful.
As a woman ages, the breast skin loses its natural elasticity, causing the breasts to lose their natural shape and firmness. Pregnancy and breast-feeding can also exacerbate this process.
You might be a good candidate for a breast lift if:
- you want to reshape your breasts
- you want reshaping and enhancement (when combined with implants)
- your breasts changed after pregnancy and breast-feeding
the natural aging effects of gravity caused your breasts to sag
- your nipples/areolas point down or to the side, or you want smaller areolas
Breast Surgery Gallery
About Breast Lift Surgery
A breast lift reshapes sagging breasts and repositions the nipple areas as well. This procedure makes the breasts appear more elevated and gives them a more youthful appearance. The surgery usually takes two to three hours.
Based on your breast size and shape, Dr. Richard Tepper will discuss the best treatment options for you.
The incision size and location may vary, based on your pre-operative consultation and desires. Incisions almost always encircle the areola. There may also be a vertical incision, extending from the nipple region down to the breast fold. And there may be a horizontal incision in the breast crease as well. These incisions, when combined, are often referred to as an “anchor” or “inverted T” incision.
If you have relatively small breasts and minimal sagging, you might be a candidate for the less invasive “doughnut mastopexy”, otherwise known as a peri-areolar mastopexy. With this procedure, excess skin is removed in a circular strip around the areola.
Many of the scars blend nicely into the breast area and are hidden beneath undergarments.
If you are both unhappy with the shape of your breasts and perhaps the size, Dr. Richard Tepper can help you look and feel better.
After surgery, you need to rest and limit your movements, which will help the healing process and recovery. Here is what you can expect:
- Bandages are applied immediately after surgery to aid the healing process and to minimize movement of the breasts. You should keep these on until your first post-operative visit.
- Once the bandages are removed, you will need to wear a specialized surgical bra or gently supportive bra (without underwire) for several weeks.
- Patients may experience some mild bruising, and swelling is common for a few weeks. Any discomfort can be treated with oral medication.
- It is important to remember that whenever incisions are created on the breast, nipple sensation can change.
After your postoperative appointment, you may shower and wash your hair.
- Most patients feel comfortable after about 2 weeks and return to full activity in 4-6 weeks.
Are you ready to regain a more youthful breast appearance? Would you like to select different clothing, bathing suits, or undergarments? Breast lift surgery, or mastopexy, can help you feel better about your breast image.