Childbearing may be the most gratifying process for a woman, but it may permanently affect one’s body. The skin may stretch beyond the ability to re-tighten. The abdominal muscles may stretch or weaken, causing a bulge. Breasts may change as a result of pregnancy or nursing, resulting in a size or shape unlike your pre-pregnancy appearance. A Mommy makeover addresses all of these concerns. It is a combination of procedures designed to rejuvenate and help correct those unwanted body changes. And depending on your specific needs, a mommy makeover can be tailored to include other body regions.
Have you noticed that your abdomen is not as flat and tone as it once was? Have your breasts changed? Does your belly have loose, wrinkled skin or a bulge? A mommy-makeover is designed to rejuvenate these things.
About Tummy Tucks
Although the phrase “Mommy Makeover” often refers to the combination of a tummy tuck and breast surgery, there can be other combinations of treatment, depending on your unique desires. Dr. Richard Tepper tailors the procedure to address your goals. Some possible procedures include:
- Liposuction – the surgical removal of unwanted fatty deposits using very small incisions.
- Tummy Tuck – the surgical removal of excess skin from the abdomen along with muscle tightening. This procedure can help correct the midline muscle separation that often occurs after pregnancy, making the abdomen flatter.
- Breast Augmentation – the surgical enhancement of breast size and projection by placing implants behind the breast.
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy) – the surgical re-shaping of the breasts, with repositioning of the nipple / areolar region and removal of excess skin. Most or all of the underlying breast tissue remains. This may be combined with implant placement.
- Breast Reduction – the surgical removal of skin and breast tissue, making the breasts smaller. Such a procedure may help relieve associated neck, back and shoulder pain.
- Non-Surgical options – Dr. Tepper may suggest injectable treatments such as BOTOX® or soft tissue fillers (Restylane® and Juvederm®). He can also recommend a skincare routine with our aesthetician.
A Mommy Makeover is typically performed once a woman has fully recovered from pregnancy and childrearing and is no longer breast-feeding. Ideally, your weight should be stable. Although not absolutely necessary, almost all women choose to have a mommy makeover once they have finished having kids.
Your recovery will be influenced by the procedures performed. Dr. Richard Tepper will gladly provide additional details that best apply to your customized makeover plan, but it typically involves a period of a few weeks.
Thinking of improving your appearance? Do you want a flatter belly? How about a more youthful breast appearance? A mommy makeover may be the choice for you.